Re: Green Fingers

At 6:17 PM -0400 4/23/01, Anne Pemberton wrote:
>	Your little exercise wasn't "scientific", and in fact it doesn't even
>qualify as "research". There are billions of users of the web, all kinds of
>people in all walks of life. A study of 8 people out of billions isn't
>scientifically significant. Further, you didn't bother to compile a table
>of your results, but presented only "averages" for comparison. It's not
>possible to make any deductions based on incomplete data. And, the biggest
>problem in this piece of psuedo "science" is the blatant prejudice of the
>"researcher". It's just hard to take something serious as "research" when
>all it's doing is supporting a personal prejudice.

I think this is getting a bit out of hand here.  I think that we need
to be careful about making attacks of this type, especially when both
sides can just as easily be accused of a lack of scholarship and
actions based entirely on personal crusades.

I'd much rather see a cooperative rather than a combative atmosphere
here, and I hope that everyone agrees.  I know it is frustrating to
feel that you can't get your point across, but -please- let's refrain
from personally attacking someone just because their research --
"scientific" or not -- supports their viewpoint and not your own.

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison