CSS1 becomes W3C Proposed Recommendation

From: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 11:06:04 -0500
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
If we want to change the CSS class selector character from ".", we should
set whatever political process is needed into motion immediately. There are
only a few implementations now. We should fix this now.

We should also consider approaching the HTML ERB to ask them to change the
HTML DTD to be compatible with the XML-HTML DTD as soon as possible (HTML
3.2? Cougar?). This change should not invalidate current documents.