RE: CSS1 becomes W3C Proposed Recommendation

From: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 03:45:41 -0500
To: "Chris Wilson (PSD)" <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>, "'Paul Prescod'" <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>, "'w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org'" <w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org>
At 10:39 AM 11/15/96 -0800, Chris Wilson (PSD) wrote:
>It's not actually lost; any character can be escaped in a CSS selector
>name.  According to section 7.2 of the CSS PR,

>Does this suffice to address your concerns?

My post wasn't meant so much to say that the current CSS spec should be
changed as to encourage conversation to decide if it should be. Since nobody
else seems concerned, I guess this isn't a big problem, and the workaround
will be okay for me.

>( And no, Internet Explorer 3.0 did not support this.  :^) )

That would make me feel more comfortable :^)

 Paul Presscod

---
Boycott Shell Oil worldwide!  http://www.web.apc.org/embargo/shell.htm

"Shell is here on trial and it is as well that it is represented by counsel
said to be holding a watching brief."..."The ecological war that the Company
has waged in the Delta will be called to question sooner than later." -Ken
Saro-Wiwa to the tribunal that later executed him.
http://www.goldmanprize.org/goldman/ken.html