Fwd "a comment on NFC"

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 15:22:43 +0300
To: w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Hi

I would value any help in drafting a reply to Peter F. Patel-Schneider's
comment
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003OctDec/0003

which I take to be on RDF Concepts

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-concepts-20030905/

(He may be looking at the later editors draft:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-concepts-20030117/
)

which includes the additional following para:

[[
The string in both plain and typed literals is required to
be in Unicode Normal Form C [NFC]. This requirement is motivated
by [Charmod] particularly section 4 Early Uniform Normalization.
]]
as well as some other clarifications on this issue, as indicated to Peter in

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JulSep/0327

Given that he remains disatisfied perhaps the best we can do is to thank him
for his concern and move on.

Jeremy