Re: Rough draft of datatypes with whitespace text

Patrick Stickler wrote:

[...]

> Eh? When did the WG agree that whitespace facets where part of *RDF*
> datatyping?!

It hasn't.

> It has (finally) been clarified that whitespace facets in XML Schema
> are not relevant to the L2V mapping and are not applied to lexical
> forms. So why are we mentioning them?

There are two questions we can ask here.

A)

Is " 3 " in the lexical space of xsd:decimal?

If asked, I'd be very surprised if anyone in xml schema answered
anything other than no.

B)

What is the value of the property in

   <rdf:Description>
     <eg:prop rdf:datatype="&xsd;decimal"> 3 </eg:prop>
   </rdf:Description>

We had informal indications at last weeks telecon that the xml schema
WG, looking at question B, were going to be seriously unhappy with the
answer the current specs give.

Accordingly, jjc was actioned to draft an alternative that would allow
he answer to B to be 3.  This was so that we could take a look at it and
have it ready should we get a formal comment from the xml schema folks.

[...]

> I'm sorry, but was this decided during the last telecon? I skimmed over
> the minutes but didn't see any such substantial change.
>
> Or is this just a proposal?

Neither a decision, nor a proposal.  Just preparation.