W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > September 2002

Minutes of telecon 2002-09-13

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:00:56 +0100
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20020919122404.08106930@0-mail-1.hpl.hp.com>
To: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Action Summary:

ACTION: 2002-09-13#1 jjc will send comments 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0068.html re 
namespace last call to appropriate group

ACTION: 2002-09-13#2 Graham to update concepts doc to cover 1.1, 1.2, 2.2, 
2.3 to reflect datatype concensus

ACTION: 2002-09-13#3 Danbri to update schema to cover 2.1, 3.1, 3.2, 5 to 
reflect datatype concensus

ACTION: 2002-09-13#4 PatH to update model theory to cover 4 to reflect 
datatype concensus

ACTION: 2002-09-13#5 FrankM to update primer to reflect datatype concensus

ACTION: 2002-09-13#6 Jan to create testcase to reflect datatype concensus

ACTION: 2002-09-13#7 Bwm to contact DaveB and request update n-triples 
(depends on completion of 2002-09-06#4) to reflect datatype concensus

ACTION: 2002-09-13#8 jjc update the abstract data model in concepts doc to 
reflect the pair denoting a datatype literal

ACTION: 2002-09-13#9 bwm to request space at the tech plenary for RDF meeting


Agenda:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0137.html

1: Scribes
This weeks volunteer scribe is Eric Miller
Jjc volunteers to scribe next week.

2: Roll Call
Bwm, Manola, SteveP, JosD Jjc, AaronSw, EricM, PatrickS, Mike_Dean, 
Pat_Hayes, JanG, Danbri

Joined Later: Sergey, MikeD, GrahamK

3: Review Agenda


4: Next telecon 20th Sept 2002


5: Minutes of 2002-09-06 telecon

See:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0081.html

Minutes Approved.


6: Confirm Status of Completed Actions

ACTION: 2002-05-17#1 DaveB
Investigate issue faq-html-compliance and propose a resolution

see:
   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#faq-html-compliance

ACTION: 2002-08-30#1 AaronSw
Publish new MIME Type Internet Draft.

see:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0122.html

ACTION: 2002-09-06#3 bwm
ensure credit for DT document contents is not lost

see:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0120.html

ACTION: 2002-09-06#5 bwm
as series editor: solicit aid from DT document editors in assigning parts 
of the document to other doc editors.

see:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0125.html

Actions Approved.



7: Confirm Status of Withdrawn Actions

ACTION: 2002-05-17#3 jjc
Propose new text to describe serialization of b-nodes.

Not withdrawn.  jjc needs to check with DaveB whether this is still needed.


8: Review of namespaces last call
Propose approve Jeremy's comments as in

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0068.html

[[[
Our comments on the first working draft have been
more than adequately addressed.
The namespaces 1.1 Last Call draft is compatible
with the use of XML Namespaces by RDF.
In fact, we intend to copy your section 7, on IRIs verbatim,
unless you get to Rec before we get to last call.
]]]

Comments approved.

ACTION: 2002-09-13#1 jjc, will send comments 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0068.html re 
namespace last call to appropriate group


See:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0058.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0068.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0091.html


9: Datatypes
Discuss proposed actions for splitting up datatypes doc

See:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Aug/0257.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0125.html

Proposal approved.

ACTION: 2002-09-13#2 Graham to update concepts doc to cover 1.1, 1.2, 2.2, 
2.3 to reflect datatype concensus
ACTION: 2002-09-13#3 Danbri to update schema to cover 2.1, 3.1, 3.2, 5 to 
reflect datatype concensus
ACTION: 2002-09-13#4 PatH to update model theory to cover 4 to reflect 
datatype concensus
ACTION: 2002-09-13#5 FrankM to update primer to reflect datatype concensus
ACTION: 2002-09-13#6 Jan to create testcase to reflect datatype concensus
ACTION: 2002-09-13#7 Bwm to contact DaveB and request update n-triples 
(depends on completion of 2002-09-06#4) to reflect datatype concensus

10: Recognition for datatypes editors
Discuss proposal in

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0120.html

Approved.


11: Abstract Syntax for Literals
Discuss proposals.

The WG decided the abstract syntax should represent a datatyped literal as 
a pair of a datatype URI and a lexical form.

ACTION: 2002-09-13#8 jjc update the abstract data model in concepts doc to 
reflect the pair denoting a datatype literal

See:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0123.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0127.html


12: Tidyness of untyped Literals

Deferred to after hours discussion.

AOB: Should we request space for a face to face meeting for RDFCore at the 
next tech plenary.

Whilst it is not clear what the meeting will be used for, discussing RDF 
futures being a possibility, the WG decided to request space for a meeting.

ACTION: 2002-09-13#9 bwm to request space at the tech plenary for RDF meeting

13: Frank's new assertion text
2002-08-23#7  FrankM  Propose alternative text for the concepts and abstract
                  model document to rectify concerns with conflicting use of
                  "assertion".

Skipped.

See:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Aug/0226.html
   http://www.ninebynine.org/wip/RDF-basics/2002-08-05/Overview.htm#section-Social
Received on Thursday, 19 September 2002 08:03:22 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:51:01 EDT