Removal of XML/Schema Validation Transforms

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:28:52 -0400
To: dsig <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
Cc: Eastlake <dee3@torque.pothole.com>, Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@Baltimore.com>

Given the noted immaturity [1,2] of the XML Schema validation transform
that was included prior to PR, the absense of a transform for XML1.0
validation, and the lack of immediate plans for implementation and ability
to do interop testing [3], the proposed text for XML validation transforms
has been moved from the XML-DSIG [4] spec to a new document [5]. I spoke
informally with TimBL (W3C Director) about this, and will add the
advancement of this new document to Recommendation as a deliverable (along
with Exclusive Canonicalization) during our next re-chartering. XML-DSIG
*has* been clarified to state the default processing and serializaiton
within the Transform processing model is well-formed and XML
Canonicalization respectively. [6]

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2001JulSep/0179.html
[2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2001JulSep/0235.html
[3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2001JulSep/0238.html
[4] http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xmldsig-core/Overview.html
[5] http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xmldsig-transform-xml-validation.html
[6]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2001JulSep/0256.html
--
[[I will be on Holiday October 4-11 2001]]