Re: BIND method response codes

Maybe it would be more appropriate to reuse the response codes as
defined for MOVE in RFC 2518:

201: newly created
204: replaced existing resource
etc.

//Stefan

Am Mittwoch, 09.10.02, um 22:19 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Clemm,
Geoff:

> A problem with 200/201, is that 201 means "a new resource
> was created", but a BIND never creates a new resource, but
> just creates a new binding to an existing resource.  We could
> of course still use 200/201, but I'd be concerned that it would
> be misleading.

Ohoh. resources, uris and representations. That's www-tag ground
we're treating on here. I think one needs at least 8 years experience
in HTTP and Apache development to talk about that topic... ;)

Anyway: a BIND creates a mapping for an URI to a representation
exactly like PUT does. That the representation is not supplied by
the client, but reused from another URI, is not relevant.