RE: BIND method response codes

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 16:19:37 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
A problem with 200/201, is that 201 means "a new resource
was created", but a BIND never creates a new resource, but
just creates a new binding to an existing resource.  We could
of course still use 200/201, but I'd be concerned that it would
be misleading.

If a client has asked that BIND overwrite any existing binding
for that segment, why would it care whether or not there was
already a binding there?

Cheers,
Geoff