RE: BIND method response codes

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:37:01 +0200
To: "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

That's correct with the WebDAV/BIND definition of a resource, but not with
the generic (RFC2396) one -- the binding itself has a unique identifier (and
thus has identity), therefore *can* be considered a resource.

> of course still use 200/201, but I'd be concerned that it would
> be misleading.
> If a client has asked that BIND overwrite any existing binding
> for that segment, why would it care whether or not there was
> already a binding there?

Well, why would it care in the case of PUT or MOVE? I'm just looking for
consistency with other methods.

Julian