Re: On parameters

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 00:41:48 +0200
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

> And then we simply have a new port named "parameters" on (some|all)
> steps and a new step called "p:parameter-set".

This is something I suggested earlier [1], and Jeni pushed the idea a
little further with a proposal for a <p:parameter-set> step [2]. IMHO,
what we loose by creating a little syntactic overhead, we gain tenfold
in conceptual simplicity.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2007May/0450.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2007May/0453.html

Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise