Re: On parameters

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:21:15 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com> was heard to say:
| On 6/12/07, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
|> And then we simply have a new port named "parameters" on (some|all)
|> steps and a new step called "p:parameter-set".
|
| Yes!
|
| This is something I suggested earlier [1], and Jeni pushed the idea a
| little further with a proposal for a <p:parameter-set> step [2]. IMHO,
| what we loose by creating a little syntactic overhead, we gain tenfold
| in conceptual simplicity.

Yes, I was keenly aware when I composed my original message that you
and Jeni had gotten there before me. Such is the nature of design by
committee, I think.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The only thing that makes life possible
http://nwalsh.com/            | is permanent, intolerable uncertainty;