Re: [XHTML2] INS, DEL, and MOD

Greetings, this is a tricky subject. I would like us to develop a argument
that examines the alternatives in therms of their pros and cons. I think
that there are at least three alternatives using elements:

1.      INS and DEL
        Pro: This is the status quo and people are familiar with it.
        Con:

2.      MOD
        Pro:
        Con:

3.      INS, DEL and MOD

Another approach used in xmlspec is the use of @diff with values of add,
chg, del

Authoring specs in xmlspec is my only experience of explicitly marking up
changes. I did not like using @diff="chg", I preferred to use @diff="add"
and @diff="del" so that I could be more explicit. So, personal opinion, I
do not like, and do not feel the need for, MOD (or diff="chg").

Regards, Roland