Fwd: [agenda] telecon 9 December 2010

We need to quickly confirm R12.  We had decided to confirm our
decision (to keep it) on the mailing list, but there were no further
comments on the mailing list.

Regarding 23, there was a clear decision to add ""When speech input is
   used to provide input to a web app, it should be possible for the
   user to select alternative input methods."  However, there was also
an extended, multi-direction thread initiated by Chan that we decided
to let Chan continue on the mailing list if he wished, because it was
not looking yet like it was coming to a resolution and Chan was not on
the call to discuss.

Chan, I highly encourage you to join us on the call in case we have
time to discuss your points.  Otherwise, with no clear consensus
developing on the list we will likely not pursue your suggestions.

Regarding 20, you are right -- the consensus is missing.  As I
remember it, the consensus was this:
drop the requirement.  We had discussed whether we needed to require
SSML 1.1 in order to do proper voice selection, but we decided not
to.  The minutes should have said "Selecting a voice can be done
without SSML 1.1 being a requirement".  Thus no new requirements are
necessary and no changes to existing requirements are necessary.  All
that is necessary is to delete R20.

-- dan

Begin forwarded message: