From: Robert Brown [mailto:Robert.Brown@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 2:51 PM
To: Satish Sampath; Bjorn Bringert
Cc: Young, Milan; Marc Schroeder; Dave Burke;
public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org
Subject: RE: UA <=> SS Protocol

Satish's example is very encouraging.  Thanks Satish!

In addition to end-pointing, the other thing that comes to mind with the
<device> API is how we'd deal with codec requirements.  The draft says
"** This will be pinned down to a specific codec", but it's unclear to
me what direction it's headed in.

Maybe I'm repeating what's already been said today.  But we should still
work on defining the requirements are, and if Satish's approach
satisfies them, albeit with some reasonable change requests to the
groups involved, then great.