W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > September 2007

[VER 2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 52 - 2007-09-12

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:37:49 -0400
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OFC987831D.659D4C0E-ON85257354.0051177F-85257354.0055CAA0@us.ibm.com>
Added new issues and links to recent email threads

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 234 2986

__________________


Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 52 - 2007-09-12

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the 
WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Maryann Hondo    (scribe on Sep 12)
-------------------------------
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Glen Daniels
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Abbie Barbir
Mark Temple-Raston
Paul Knight
Yakov Sverdlov
Maryann Hondo
Ashok Malhotra
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
Toufic Boubez
William Henry
Charlton
Mark Little
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
David Orchard
Dale Moberg
Asir Vedamuthu
Prasad Yendluri
Frederick Hirsch

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of draft minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/22-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future meeting schedule and workplan
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jul/0022.html

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) ACTION-342 Editors to report back on what happened with resolution to 
G/L issue relating to 5.6.1

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-333 Philippe to check with IESG regarding link from media type 
registration
Due: Sep 12.

ACTION-339 Maryann to coordinate drafting new materials on Guidelines for 
Assertion Authors re UDDI.
Status: See email from Maryann: 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Sep/0007.html
and follow-up from Felix:
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Sep/0008.html

ACTION-340 Chris to follow up with Ken to understand what Ken would like 
to see via this e-mail
Status: done, see agenda items 7 e and f
note, Chris and Maryann to follow-up call with Ken

ACTION-342 Editors to report back on what happened with resolution to G/L 
issue relating to 5.6.1

ACTION-343 - Ashok and Maryann to develop a Guidelines proposal for Issue 
4951.

ACTION-344 Paul and Chris to respond to PLH noting the relationship of 
ws-paepr to issue 3620 closed as v.next and noting that discussion 
continues in wg

ACTION-346 Chris to add issues from Ken Lasky's email against GL

ACTION-347 PaulC and Chris to figure out minimum required to declare 
victory to resolve this issue related to section 5.7.1 in guidelines

6. Recommendation issues and errata

a) Recommendation announcement
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Sep/0000.html

b) Issues and errata
NONE.

7. Primer Document

a) Latest Working Group draft:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-policy-primer-20070810/

b) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/2a5uwj

c) [Issue 4943] Compatibility Matching at Nested Level, Monica
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4943
Revised proposal arrived Aug 22:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Aug/0018.html
Status: Pending WG review.
also, see email from Asir:
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Sep/0005.html

d) [NEW Issue 5036] Editorial change proposals, Felix
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Sep/0009.html

e) [NEW Issue 5038] Potential issues for primer and guidelines, Ken laskey
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=5038

f) [NEW Issue 5039] Potential issues for primer and guidelines #2, Ken 
laskey
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=5039

8. Guidelines Document

a) Latest Working Group draft:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-policy-guidelines-20070810/

b) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/ywtogs

c) [Issue 4951] Need example of assertion showing ordering between 
assert.., Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4951
Ashok's email:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Aug/0005.html

ACTION-343 - Ashok and Maryann to develop a Guidelines proposal for Issue 
4951.

9. Need volunteers - Guidelines section 5.7.1
http://tinyurl.com/yrthry#general-attachment-guidelines
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jul/0042.html
Status as of Aug 10: No volunteers for most of the actions.

a) ACTION-339 Maryann to coordinate drafting new materials on Guidelines 
for Assertion Authors re UDDI.
Status: Open pending arrival of a proposal.  This relates to Question 5 in 
the above list of questions about section 5.7.1.

b) ACTION-347 PaulC and Chris to figure out minimum required to declare 
victory to resolve this issue related to section 5.7.1 in guidelines

10. Potential issues for WS-Policy Primer and Guidelines
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jul/0047.html

a) ACTION-340 Chris to follow up with Ken to understand what Ken would 
like to see via this e-mail

b) ACTION-346 Chris to add issues from Ken Lasky's email against GL 
Christopher Ferris 2007-08-29
Status: done, see agenda items 7 e and f

11. W3C Submission: Web Services Policy Attachment for Endpoint Reference 
(WS-PAEPR)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Aug/0001.html
See also: http://www.w3.org/Submission/2007/03/

ACTION-344 Paul and Chris to respond to PLH noting the relationship of 
ws-paepr to issue 3620 closed as v.next and noting that discussion 
continues in wg

12. Any other business

13. Adjourn

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Wednesday, 12 September 2007 15:38:21 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:53 GMT