W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > July 2007

[DRAFT] Agenda: WS-Policy WG face-to-face meeting 48 - 2007-07-17 - 2007-07-19

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:34:19 -0400
To: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org, public-ws-policy@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF5B959C13.37B3CD92-ON85257315.005EB1A6-85257315.00605DE5@us.ibm.com>
Note that I haven't done the timing allocation yet... I will gladly do so 
once we've settled

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 234 2986

__________________


Agenda: WS-Policy WG face-to-face meeting 48 - 2007-07-17 - 2007-07-19
 
The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the 
WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
 
Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
 
1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
 
a) Scribe List:

Fabian Ritzmann (Tues am)
Sergey Beryozkin (Tues pm)
David Orchard (Weds am)
Dale Moberg (Weds pm)
----------------------
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Glen Daniels
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Abbie Barbir
Frederick Hirsch
Mark Temple-Raston
Dale Moberg
Paul Knight
Yakov Sverdlov
Prasad Yendluri
Maryann Hondo
Ashok Malhotra
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
Asir Vedamuthu
Toufic Boubez
William Henry
Charlton
Mark Little

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
 
2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair
 
a) Review and approval of draft July 11 telcon minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html
 
3. Schedule and future WG meetings, Chair
 
a) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

b) discussion of schedule august-november
 
4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts
 
5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
 
ACTION-300 Paul Cotton to make sure that the additional suggestions are 
not lost for the non-normative docs related to issue 4554
 
ACTION-322 Maryann to initiate email thread elaborating on best practice 
related to issue http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4654
 
ACTION-323 Maryann to update issue 4660 using stable version as baseline 
in 2 weeks
 
ACTION-325 Maryann to revise proposal for 4663 based on feedback from 
Monica and discussion on today's call

<tbd add new actions>
 
6. PR issues
 
a) [New Issue] Issue 4762: Media type section update, Felix
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0096.html
Status: The Chairs and Felix propose to deal with this as a PR issue.
 
ACTION-327 Chris to change 4762 to PR issue once transition to PR has 
occurred
DONE 

Status: defer until after IESG meeting (July 19)

7. Primer Document
Latest editor's draft:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0079.html
Status: no open issues needing discussion

a) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/2a5uwj
 
b) Issue 4376: [Primer] need to change qname for the ws-addr metadata 
elements in examples
Status: Left open to catch any later changes WS-Addressing Metadata.  We 
expect to process this issue at the Dublin F2F.  This specification is 
transitioning to CR:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2007AprJun/0110.html
 
c) Other Primer issues
 
8. Guidelines issues
 
a) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/ywtogs

b) [Bug 3978]: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment 
mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
 
ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html
 
ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the 
Guidelines document re issue 3978
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html
 
ACTION-313 Maryann to review latest Primer and Guidelines with regards to 
her four points related to [Bug 3978]
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0033.html
Note: The above email covers AIs 286, 303, 305, and 313:
Reply from David O:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0036.html
Status: At the Jun 13 meeting the following action items were assigned 
relating to the 2007Jun/0033.html proposal:
 
ACTION-316 Asir [and other WG members] to respond with comments to Maryann 
on proposal in June msg 33
DONE: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0052.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0063.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0069.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0070.html
 
ACTION-317 Maryann to open new guidelines issues (for) based on on content 
in June Msg 33
DONE.  See:
 
Issue 4654:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0055.html
Issue 4660:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0057.html
Issue 4662:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0058.html
Issue 4663:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0059.html
Issue 4664:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0060.html
Issue 4661:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0061.html
 
ACTION-318 Editors to work with Maryann to figure which of the issues 
resulting June msg 33 are doable before July F2F
 
c) [Bug 3988]: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., 
Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected. We 
expect to process this issue at the Dublin F2F.
 
d) Issue 4375: [Guidelines] need to change qname for the ws-addr metadata 
elements in examples
Status: This issue is effectively resolved, but left open until WS-A 
Metatada goes CR.  We expect to process this issue at the Dublin F2F.
 
e) Issue 4660 [Guidelines] Best Practice Statments should be statements
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4660

ACTION-323 Maryann to update issue 4660 using stable version as baseline 
in 2 weeks
 
f) Issue 4661 [Guidelines] Reorganize guidance on XML Info Set represen...
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4661
 
g) Issue 4662 [Guidelines] Proposal for AI 305
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4662
 
ACTION-324 Asir to follow-up on 4662 to relate msft comments
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0078.html
Moncia's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0089.html
 
Monica's comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0088.html
 
h) Issue 4663 [Guidelines] Example for Section 8
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4663
Microsoft comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0094.html
Monica's comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0090.html
 
i) Issue 4664 [Guidelines] Proposal for AI 286
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4664
Microsoft comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0093.html
Monica's comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0087.html
 
j) Issue 4654 [Guidelines] Guidelines for Policy Attachment
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4654
Comment from Monica:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0098.html
 
ACTION-322 Maryann to initiate email thread elaborating on best practice 
related to issue http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4654
 
k) [Issue 4695] Editorial Comments on Guidelines, Monica
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0095.html

l) ACTION-306 Review BP 23 and associated text, Section 5.7.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jul/0009.html

m) ACTION-304 Look at sections 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 and suggest additional text
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jul/0010.html

l) Other Guidelines issues
 
11. Adjourn
 
/* end of agenda */
 
Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 234 2986 
Received on Wednesday, 11 July 2007 17:34:36 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:52 GMT