W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > April 2007

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 38 - 2007-04-25

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:12:43 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22573A9C6638DA@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 38 - 2007-04-25

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Dale Moberg (scribe Wed Apr 25)
Paul Knight (scribe Wed May 2)
----------------------
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Yakov Sverdlov
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Frederick Hirsch
Prasad Yendluri
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Ashok Malhotra
Abbie Barbir
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
Asir Vedamuthu
Frederick Hirsch
Mark Temple-Raston

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of draft Apr 11 minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/04/18-ws-policy-minutes.html
Status: Fabian has requested that his regrets for this meeting be recorded.

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

b) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: WG will meet Wed-Thu and CR interop testing will be done Wed-Fri.

ACTION-275 Abbie to check on fixed IP range visible for external use
DONE.
Status: Abbie has confirmed that there will NOT b e available.  See Paul's note to the -interop email list:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-interop/2007Apr/0020.html

c) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) Editorial plan for Issue 3989

b) Editorial plan for revised Interop Scenarios

ACTION-277 Editors to provide plan for producing 1 May interop document.

ACTION-278 Editors to update test suite with changes proposed in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0030.html

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-243 Asir to produce a list of change areas in the framework and attachments primer and guidelines specs related to a change in the reference to the oasis ws-sec policy spec to reference the latest available published committee draft

ACTION-275 Abbie to check on fixed IP range visible for external use
DONE.

ACTION-277 Editors to plan for producing 1 May interop document.

ACTION-279 Chris And Paul to engage Bob Freund on Tom\\\\'s points
Status: In progress.

ACTION-281 Prasad and Asir to scrutinize the HP results for UDDI Round 4 and resolve the discrepancies in results count
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0076.html
Status: Offline discussions on this matter continue.

ACTION-282 Asir to open and close new issue on test scenarios related to negative testing and the proposal here http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0060.html

ACTION-283 Chris to send email with the example he gave discussing the role of policy vocabulary after intersection

ACTION-284 Asir to start email thread to develop proposal for def\\\\'ns of policy vocabulary and policy alternative vocabulary and nested policy vocabulary and also provide example

ACTION-285 Monica to initiate thread related to the role of context for nested policy

ACTION-286 Maryann to work with Tom and Monica and anyone else interested in developing assertion author guidelines related to nested policy vis a vis this new understanding of nested policy vocabulary

6. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair

a) Interop scenarios, Release-1-20070322
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html

b) CR dashboard summary
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html?only_with_tag=Release-1-20070322

c) Remote testing for Ottawa
ACTION-275 Abbie to check on fixed IP range visible for external use
DONE.
Status: Abbie has confirmed that there will NOT b e available.  See Paul's note to the -interop email list:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-interop/2007Apr/0020.html

d) Other interop related items

7. Primer issues

a) Issue 4393: Add text to strict and lax policy intersection discussion describing how a policy consumer can determine issues due to intersection mode conflicts
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4393

ACTION-255 Charlton Barreto to open new primer issue to relate to the discussion of 4292
ACTION-256 Monica to create new primer issue related to 4262 Monica Martin 2007-03-21
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0124.html
Status: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0004.html
Monica's ack that Charlton's proposal covered her AI:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0014.html

ACTION-272 Charlton to work with Asir and prepare a revised proposal for 4393
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0024.html

Revision to part of this proposal is in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0036.html

ACTION-280 Glen to propose text amending charlton's proposal to address ignorable
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0040.html
Amendment from Monica:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0041.html
Confirmation of acceptance of amendment from Glen:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0059.html

b) Versioning and extensibility in primer needs cleanup, Maryann Hondo
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4414
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0111.html

Status: Maryann and David have submitted the following proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0052.html
Frederick's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0080.html

8. CR issues

a) Issue 4318: [All docs] Which WS-SecurityPolicy version should be used as a reference
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4318
Status: Currently on hold until later in CR.

b) Issue 4477: Editorial, example line number incorrect
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0077.html

c) Issue 4478: Editorial: line numbers in last example in section 4.1
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0078.html

d) Issue 4479: Editorial, note is obscure or unclear
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0081.html

9. Liaison items

a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata specification
Email to WS-A WG:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html

Status: WS-Addressing WG response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0007.html
See thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0012.html

b) Previous WG discussion

Tactical:
ACTION-271 Asir to pick up the text pointed out by Chris in Section 3.2 and answer Ashok\\'s question (by reading the letter of the law)
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0017.html

Strategic:
ACTION-270 Maryann to work with monica, asir, ashok and others to prepare proposal for some text in the guidelines doc that addresses the semantics of a constraint as it applies to nested policy
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0022.html
Status: Apr 11: The WG agreed to have email discussion of this message.

b) Action items from Apr 11 discussion

ACTION-283 Chris to send email with the example he gave discussing the role of policy vocabulary after intersection

ACTION-284 Asir to start email thread to develop proposal for def\\\\'ns of policy vocabulary and policy alternative vocabulary and nested policy vocabulary and also provide example

ACTION-285 Monica to initiate thread related to the role of context for nested policy

ACTION-286 Maryann to work with Tom and Monica and anyone else interested in developing assertion author guidelines related to nested policy vis a vis this new understanding of nested policy vocabulary

c) New WG discussion threads

i) What is the Vocabulary of an Intersected Policy, Ashok
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0065.html

ii) Policy Framework and Policy Domain division of labor, and the 'absent policies are present as negations' principle, Dale Moberg
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0075.html

d) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html
Status: This issues are on hold until the WS-A WG makes more progress.

ACTION-279 Chris and Paul to engage Bob Freund on Tom's points about WS-Addressing Metatdata work
Status: In progress.

10. Guidelines issues, Part 1

a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html

ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html

ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the Guidelines document re issue 3978
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html

b) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0020.html

11. Guideline issues, Part 2

a) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected

12. Any other business

13. Adjournment
Received on Monday, 23 April 2007 19:14:18 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:49 GMT