W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > October 2006

Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 14 - 2006-10-25

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 12:06:04 -0400
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Message-ID: <OFACBBE162.5CC70129-ON85257210.00576C95-85257210.00586D72@us.ibm.com>
Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 14 - 2006-10-25
 
The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's 
administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
 
Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
 
1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
 
a) Scribe List:

Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Fabian Ritzmann
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Jong Lee (had agreed to scribe for Oct 25, but is unavailable - 
volunteered for the next call)
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Asir Vedamuthu
Ümit Yalçinalp
Dale Moberg
David Orchard
Jeff Mischkinsky
William Henry
Prasad Yendluri
Mark Little
Abbie Barbir
Yakov Sverdlov
Anthony Nadalin
Monica Martin
Glen Daniels
Felix Sasaki
Maryann Hondo
Ashok Malhotra
Toufic Boubez
Daniel Roth
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto 
Sanka Samaranayake 
Frederick Hirsch

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
 
2. Review and approval of last week's telcon minutes, Chair
 
a) Review and approval of 2006-10-18 minutes, Chair
Draft minutes (member only):
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/18-ws-policy-minutes.html
 
3. Future WG meetings, Chair
 
a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Oct 25 - Chris to chair
 
b) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
 
c) WS-Policy F2F, Sonic, Bedford, MA Nov 7-9
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html 
Note from Chairs: Please be sure to have proposals for your issues and 
your actions 
complete by 3 Nov to that others have time to cherish and grok
 
4. Editorial team report

a) Review next editors draft to see if there are any security 
considerations from framework doc that apply to attachment doc, Editors
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/110
Status from Sep 26: Pending next Editor's Draft.
 
b) WS-Policy Guidelines for Policy Authors, MaryAnn
Status from Oct 18: ED to be available this week
ACTION: Umit to Initiate email thread requesting WG members review the GL 
and provide the link of the doc that they should review
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/135 (done)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0146.html
Comments from Paul:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0150.html
 
ACTION: Add adopted guidance to Guidelines document for Issue 3577:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/108
Status from Oct 18: Pending next Editor's Draft. Maryann seeking 
input from editors and chairs as to whether what is currently in the 
GL resolves 3577 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-eds/2006Oct/0021.html
 
c) Approve Primer ED for publication as WD?
Status from Oct 18: primer published
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-ws-policy-primer-20061018

d) Approval of new WDs from EDs
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/18-ws-policy-minutes.html#action04
ACTION: 132 Chris to add to agenda
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/132 (done)
List of issues covered in EDs:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0149.html
Comments from Paul:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0141.html

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

Action items not otherwise on this agenda:
 
6. Liaison items
 
a) New C14N/1.1 WD and Web Services Policy 1.5 - Framework (ed. copy)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0130.html
Status: Action on Paul to review WD 
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/127 (done)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0142.html
 
7. Open Issues with pending actions
 
a) External WS-Policy Attachment to WSDL 2.0 components, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3730
Status: WG to think about this and respond to Asir's email on list, 
prepare for next week 
Ashok's proposal email:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0218.html
Asir's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0128.html

b) add an issue on coordination with other working groups
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3619
Status: Chairs to establish joint TF with WS-A (Bob Freund)
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/136
 
3) Need a URI structure to refer to WSDL 1.1 definitions, etc.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3599
Status from Oct 11: deferred a week
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0048.html
 
8. Issues to track separately from Issues list
a) Levels of indirection for policy references
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3719 (RESOLVED)
Status: Action on Dan to get reply from commenter:
email from PaulC to PaulD
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0041.html

9. New Issues since last meeting 

None yet
 
10. Primer issues
 
a) primer/guidelines overlap, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3791
 
b) section 4 of the primer overlaps with the guidelines document, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3792
 
c) Section 3 overlap of primer with guidelines, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3794
 
d) (Primer) Section 2.4-, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3795 

e) A wg member neutral name is desirable, Umit 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3815 

f) Primer uses an Assertion that does not exist, Umit 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3809 

11. Optionality tar ball
Status from Oct 11: healthy discussion, to be carried forward on mailing 
list

a) Policy expressions with no wire manifestation, Sergey
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0111.html
Status: Sergey has opened an issue
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3789
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0026.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0027.html
 
b) New Attribute keyword to identify 'local' policies
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3721
 
c) Optional Assertions may not be usable in all circumstances
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3564
Status: WG members to review proposed text in Guidelines document.
See thread started by Dan:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0146.html
See proposal from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0018.html
See also this email from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0216.html
 
12. Any other business
 
13. Adjourn
 
Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 234 2986
Received on Monday, 23 October 2006 16:06:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:42 GMT