W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > October 2006

[VER3] Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 11 - 2006-10-04

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 10:51:08 -0400
To: <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OF6D89708A.BF02E860-ON852571FD.004744EF-852571FD.005195D4@us.ibm.com>
[VER3]
Added new issues raised since last meeting for review with WG
Added links to relevant email threads

[VER2] 

Fixed meeting number 
Fixed link to minutes 
Updated actions 
Added list of regrets 
Added scribe FAQ link to revised FAQ 

Note also that the Attendance tracker page [1] is not up-to-date. I have 
been having trouble with poor performance 
of the participants database, resulting in a time-out retrieving the list 
of WG participants. As soon as this issue 
is resolved, I will post the updated attendance page. 

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/participation/attendance.html 

Cheers, 

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295 

__________________ 


Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 11 - 2006-10-04 
 
The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is 
documented on the WG's administrative home page: 
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone 
  
Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. 
Please register with Zakim: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html 
  
1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair 
 
a) Scribe List:

Sergey Beryozkin (Secretary for Oct 4) 
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana 
Fabian Ritzmann 
Sanka Samaranayake 
Ruchith Fernando 
Charlton Barreto 
Jeffrey Crump 
Tom Jordahl 
Jong Lee 
Vladislav Bezrukov 
---------------------- 
Asir Vedamuthu 
Ümit Yalçinalp 
Frederick Hirsch 
Dale Moberg 
David Orchard 
Jeff Mischkinsky 
William Henry 
Prasad Yendluri 
Mark Little 
Abbie Barbir 
Yakov Sverdlov 
Anthony Nadalin 
Monica Martin 
Glen Daniels 
Felix Sasaki 
Maryann Hondo 
Ashok Malhotra 
Toufic Boubez 
Daniel Roth 

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html 

c) Regrets 
David Orchard 
Asir 

2. Review and approval of F2F minutes, Chair 
  
a) Review and approval of 2006-09-27 minutes, Chair 
Draft minutes (member only): 
http://www.w3.org/2006/09/27-ws-policy-minutes.html 
  
3. Future WG meetings, Chair 
  
a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Oct 11 - Paul to chair 
 
b) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

c) WS-Policy F2F, Sonic, Bedford, MA Nov 7-9 
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html 
Status: Hotel and other local information is now available. 
 
4. Editorial team report 
  
a) Terms should be defined/targeted in the appropriate sections of the 
spec, Editors 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3720 
Status from Sep 26: proposal from DaveO
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0013.html
  
b) Editors to clarify the use of the term "domain", Editors
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3706 
Action item: 
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/94 
Status from Sep 26: Pending next Editor's Draft. 
  
c) Review next editors draft to see if there are any security 
considerations from framework doc that apply to attachment doc, Editors 
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/110 
Status from Sep 26: Pending next Editor's Draft. 
  
d) WS-Policy Primer, Editors 
ACTION: Prepare an editor's draft of the primer (ETA - determined by 
editors) and send it to the WG
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/103
Status: Editor's Draft available:  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0219.html 
Email thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0020.html
  
e) WS-Policy Guidelines for Policy Authors, MaryAnn 
Status: The following actions are pending:
ACTION: Prepare Editor's Draft of Guidelines document: 
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/102 (complete)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0019.html

ACTION: Add adopted guidance to Guidelines document for Issue 3577: 
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/108 
Status from Sep 26: Pending next Editor's Draft.  

f) Approve Primer ED for publication as WD?  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0219.html 
  
5. Review action items, Chair 
Open action items: 
Member only: 
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open 
  
Action items not otherwise on this agenda: 
  
a) ACTION 96 - Investigate usage of "policy alternative vocabulary", Glen 
D
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/96 
  
6. Liaison items 
  
a) New C14N/1.1 WD and Web Services Policy 1.5 - Framework (ed. copy) 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0130.html 
Status: Action on Paul to draft reply: 
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/117 

b) Resolution of 3656
Status: Formal response from WS-A Chair
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0014.html

7. Open Issues with pending actions 
 
a) External WS-Policy Attachment to WSDL 2.0 components, Ashok 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3730 
Status: Ashok to draft proposal: 
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/119  
Ashok's proposal email:  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0218.html 
  
b) Definition of Interaction 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3705 
Status: Action on Asir and MaryAnn to draft a change proposal: 
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/48  

c) add an issue on coordination with other working groups 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3619
Status: Glen to start internal thread on possible response: 
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/113  

d) Levels of indirection for policy references 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3719 
Status: Action on Dan to get reply from commenter: 
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/120 
See email from dan to paul:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0217.html
  
e) Which policy alternative was selected? 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3639 
Status: Ashok to think about the F2F discussion of this Issue. 
Also related: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0175.html 
  
f) Need a URI structure to refer to WSDL 1.0 definitions, etc. 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3599 
Status: Actions on Ashok to consider using XPointer: 
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/106  

8. New Issues since last meeting

a) Clarify usage of assertions with no behavioral requirements on the 
requester, Sergey
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3789

b) primer/guidelines overlap, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3791

c) section 4 of the primer overlaps with the guidelines document, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3792

d) Add example about policies in the context of relationships between 
multiple entities, Yakov
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3793
email from drsecure:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0030.html

e) Section 3 overlap of primer with guidelines, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3794

f) (Primer) Section 2.4-, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3795

9. Optionality tar ball 
  
a) Policy expressions with no wire manifestation, Sergey
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0111.html 
Status: Sergey has opened a new issue
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3789
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0026.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0027.html
 
b) New Attribute keyword to identify 'local' policies 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3721 
  
c) Optional Assertions may not be usable in all circumstances 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3564 
Status: WG members to review proposed text in Guidelines document. 
See thread started by Dan: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0146.html 
See proposal from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0018.html
See also this email from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0216.html

10. Any other business 
  
11. Adjourn
Received on Wednesday, 4 October 2006 14:51:36 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:42 GMT