W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > July 2006

[VER 3] WS-Policy WG Teleconference 03 Agenda 2006-07-26

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:05:16 -0700
Message-ID: <95477102372DFF4FA865817E35DEE00501E0C5BB@RED-MSG-11.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <public-ws-policy@w3.org>

WS-Policy WG Teleconference 03 Agenda 2006-07-26

[VER 3]
1. Posted to public email list.
2. Updated and sorted issue lists.
3. Added link to Chris's issue and action item tracking proposal.
4. Added link to Chris's material on namespace policy.
[VER 2]
1. Updated agenda item for Jan F2F meeting.
2. Classified issues as Open or Closed.

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG teleconference is
documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone 

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page.

Teleconference Time and Length (two hours)
Pacific   9 AM - 11 AM
Mountain 10 AM - 12 PM
Central  11 AM -  1 PM
Eastern  12 PM -  2 PM
UK        5 PM -  7 PM
Sri Lanka 9:30 PM - 11:30 PM

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
List of participants:
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=39293&public=1   

Scribe List: (will select one victim in-order from the list below)       
        Mark Little 
        William Henry 
        Abbie Barbir 
        Prasad Yendluri 
        Anthony Nadalin         
        Dimitar Angelov 
        Sanjiva Weerawarana         
        Bijan Parsia 
        Yakov Sverdlov 
        Monica Martin 
        Seumas Soltysik 
        Maryann Hondo 
        Toufic Boubez 
        Glen Daniels 
        Fabian Ritzmann 
        Ashok Malhotra 
        Sanka Samaranayake 
        Ruchith Fernando 
        Felix Sasaki 
        Daniel Roth 
        Charlton Barreto 
        Jeffrey Crump 
        Tom Jordahl 
        Jong Lee
        Asir Vedamuthu
	  Ümit Yalçinalp 
        Frederick Hirsch
        Dale Moberg
        David Orchard
        Jeff Mischkinsky

2. Review and approval of Austin, TX F2F minutes, Chair
Draft minutes (member only):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Jul/0013.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Aug 2 - Chris to chair

b) Sept F2F meeting, Sep 12-14, Microsoft, Redmond, WA
Meeting information email (member only):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Jul/0016.html 
F2F Meeting home page:
http://www.w3.org/2006/09/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html 

c) Nov F2F meeting, Nov 7-9, Sonic, Bedford, MA
Status: Sonic has confirmed they are able to host the Nov F2F meeting.

d) Jan 2007 F2F meeting
Status: We are awaiting word on possible hosts for this meeting.

ACTION: Oracle to look into hosting the f2f in January starting 15th 
or 22nd... [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action04]

ACTION: BEA to investigate hosting F2F in January 15th [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action05]
  
Note that the W3C will be hosting a multi-group meeting Jan 22-26, 2007 in Boston (member only link):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2006JulSep/0018.html 

4. Working Group drafts, Chair

a) Editorial team report:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0081.html

WS-Policy Framework:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-framework.html

WS-Policy Attachment:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-attachment.html

b) Namespace change policy proposal
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0105.html

Status: The Chairs intend on asking for approval from the WG to publish these documents as Working Group Drafts as soon as possible e.g. in July.

5. Working Group tools, Chair

a) bugzilla and tracker URLs (member only link)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Jul/0023.html 

6. Review of F2F action items, Chair

a) Open action items:

ACTION: Oracle to look into hosting the f2f in January starting 15th 
or 22nd... [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action04]

ACTION: BEA to investigate hosting F2F in January 15th [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action05]

ACTION: Seumas to open an issue [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action08]

ACTION: Dan/Fabian to write up the issue for Section 3.2 [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action09]

ACTION: Maryann and Umit to produce primer proposal, an outline 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action01]

ACTION: ashok investigate text to see if what it says about domains 
defining rules [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action06]

ACTION: dale to raise issue to clarify the above language [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action19]

ACTION: chris to open issue on undefined nature of processor 
sentences [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action21]

ACTION: Chris to draft issue for refactoring XML Namespaces section 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action23]

ACTION: chairs to add status sections to working drafts [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action02]

ACTION: daveo look at adding/developing versioning policy material 
to primer/guide [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action07]

ACTION: Ashok to note about version differences in 2-1 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action08]

ACTION: umit to raise issues on optional [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action13]

ACTION: Ashok to articulate issue on external policy attachment 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action14]

ACTION: cferris to post issue about {any} used in 3.4 section 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action16]

ACTION: glend to specify how EPRs function as subjects [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action17]

ACTION: cferris to raise issue on 4.0 mention of BP 1.1 wsdl 
extensibility decision's impact [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action19]

ACTION: glen to formulate issue concerning how to clarify merge 
discussion to match with typical wsdl user understanding [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action21]

ACTION: maryann to raise issue about 4th paragraph under fig 4-1 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action24]

b) Completed action items:

ACTION: Felix to publish the minutes [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action01]

ACTION: Ashok to desribe the issue [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action02]

ACTION: Glen to look into hosting in November... [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action03]

ACTION: Felix to investigate the overlap case [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action06]

ACTION: Umit to file an issue on the usage of xml:id as a naming 
mechanism [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action07]

ACTION: Ashok to raise an agenda item on domain expressions that 
apply to non Web service constructs [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/11-ws-policy-minutes.html#action10]

ACTION: Glen to submit issue of domain specific assertions impacting 
framework, specifically intersection [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action03]

ACTION: Ashok to draft new issue regarding merits of nested policy 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action04]

ACTION: ashok provide a more detailed example of slide 8, including 
msgs types, wsdl, etc. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action05]

ACTION: Toufic propose change to Abstract [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action08]

ACTION: felix add issue to ref RFC 3987 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action09]

ACTION: umit raise issue in sec 2.4 to consider usage of xml:id as a 
possible attribute of idness characteristic and would require a normative 
reference [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action10]
Status: Duplicate.

ACTION: yakov consider wording of last sentence - "XML Web 
services-based system" [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action13]

ACTION: william propose change to clarify the meaning of Web 
Services Policy in 1st sentence [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action14]

ACTION: chris to respond to paul's namespace proposal with propsal 
on how to do versioning [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action22]

ACTION: Umit to raise an issue about the necessity of a conformance 
section [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action24]

ACTION: frederick to add issue on wsdl 2.0 attachment functionality 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action01]

ACTION: umit to note missing conformance sections [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action03]
Status: Duplicate.

ACTION: Ashok to note intro changes about 3 not 2 mechanisms, and 
mention ws-addressing [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action05]

ACTION: felix, to draft issue about which terminology is normative 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action07]

ACTION: Umit to raise 2 issues on evils of optional [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action12]
Status: Duplicate.

c) Open Editor's action items:

ACTION: Editors to convert Understanding WS-Policy whitepaper to 
spec format [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action02]

ACTION: editors as early as possible in the doc, use the definition 
that are defined in the doc -- note - some people are concerned about 
being overzealous between use as common english and as technical term 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action15]

ACTION: editors find a better place for the example [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action17]

ACTION: editors to also consider the style of example, maybe simpler 
to more complex. Also editors to consider making it more comprehensive, at 
least adding back in ALL [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action18]

ACTION: editors to align termdef with other w3c style [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action06]

ACTION: editors to clear up 3.4 paragraphs about domain and also 
define domain expression [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action15]

ACTION: editors to scrub infoset terminology [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action20]

d) Completed Editor's action items:

ACTION: editors make sure all refs go through A.1 and A.2 [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action11]

ACTION: editors make this change [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action12]

ACTION: editors - remove the last sentence para 3 in Intro [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action16]

ACTION: editors add ellipses convention to 2.1 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/12-ws-policy-minutes.html#action20]

ACTION: editors to update terminology uniformly in both drafts 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action04]

ACTION: editors, RFC2606 for domain names [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action09]

ACTION: editors, improve Definition in 3rd paragraph concerning 
"policy subjects" and "subjects" [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action10]

ACTION: editors to straighten up Note after example 3-1. [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action11]

ACTION: editors to link to svg graphic in fig 4-1 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action22]

ACTION: Editors to remove extraneous namespace decl in the example 
at the end of section 3.4 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action18]

ACTION: editors to reword 1st paragraph 2nd sentence under fig 4-1 
to replace "contain" by something like influence [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/13-ws-policy-minutes.html#action23]


7. Editorial and wording changing issues

a) Namespace URI for W3C WS-Policy
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0008.html

b) Change Reference from RFC 3986 to RFC 3987
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0028.html

c) Confusing use of "policy expression"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0031.html

d) Section 1.1 Goals section, rewording
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0033.html

Status: this is a duplicate issue (see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0038.html

e) WSDL 2.0 status recorded in Attachments 1.5
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0041.html

f) Modify wording in Abstract for Framework document
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0042.html
Updated proposal from Asir: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0072.html

g) Clarify the relation of overlapping definitions in the framework / in the attachment document
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0045.html

h) Clarify "Framework" in Introduction
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0046.html

i) Rewording of Introduction section of Policy Attachment
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0054.html
Alternate wording from Asir: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0075.html
Frederick's addition to the above alternate wording:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0078.html

j) Modify wording in 1.1 Introduction for Framework document
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0048.html
 
k) Framework and domain specific policy assertions-- clarification of division of concerns in the introductory sentence
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0049.html

l) Normalization should make empty nested policy elements equivalent to policy statements without nested policy element
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0013.html

m) Require assertions to be distinguished from parameter elements
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0022.html

8. Minor Technical Issues

a) Section 4.2, WS-PolicyAttachment
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0053.html
Response from Asir: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0073.html

b) HTTP/HTTPS conflict resolution between policy assertion and WSDL
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0058.html
Out of scope: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0067.html 

9. Major Technical Issues

a) Nested policy as a qualifying mechanism on an assertion is too general.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0061.html
Response from Asir: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0074.html

b) Policy Negotiation
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0017.html

c) Semantics of successful intersection determined by domain-specific assertion content
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0029.html 

10. Any other business

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com

 
Received on Wednesday, 26 July 2006 15:12:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:40 GMT