Re: [TF-LD] From compact representations to semantic lifting

On Tuesday, 24 April 2018 07:11:45 CEST Maxime Lefrançois wrote:
> For the lifting advertisement part, that's something I have been
> investigating recently, and proposed to use a 'Content-Lifting-Rule'
> header whose value is a URI that identifies the lifting mechanism.

Yeah, that is certainly an option. For HTTP, I was thinking more in terms
using a Link header with a general predicate, but we'd have to think about
general applicability for the other protocols involved.

> Your application can then recognize some lifting rule URIs, or
> dereference the URI and apply the rule you find there using a generic
> lifting mechanism

Yes, exactly! Perhaps it is possible to involve the TD somehow?

> (for example, if you retrieve a
> application/vnd.sparql-generate, you can use our SPARQL-Generate
> implementation https://w3id.org/sparql-generate/ )

Yup!

> See paper https://2018.eswc-conferences.org/paper_159/ submitted at ESWC
> this year (rejected unfortunately, but the ideas are out there)

Uh, bummer! I had a quick look at SPARQL-Generate the other day, and I
found the idea immediately compelling. I liked the look of it better than
RML. Nice work!

Best,

Kjetil