W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > April 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 25 April 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 05:04:27 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VB=0PkLVC1E3kzc-=jhhJWY3hxGZKhiJsamVRaWD6cVg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/04/25-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Kawaguchi-san!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

25 Apr 2018

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Fano_Ramparany, Graeme_Coleman,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster, Michael_Lagally,
          Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Soumya_Kanti_Datta, Takeshi_Sano, Takeshi_Yamada,
          Toru_Kawaguchi, Zoltan_Kis, Fabrice_Blache, Barry_Leiba,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          Kajimoto

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool

   Scribe
          kawaguch

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Quick Updates
         2. [5]PlugFest documentation
         3. [6]Task Force Reports
               o [7]TD
               o [8]Binding
               o [9]Scripting
               o [10]Security
         4. [11]Testing
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     * [13]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: kawaguch

   <mkovatsc>
   [14]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Quick Updates

   Matthias: testing session at plugfest time slot?

   McCool: yes

   Matthias: so let's quickly go TF report then testing
   ... I will send the Todo list to the wot members list

   From Orange, Fano Ramparany and Blache are joining

   <mkovatsc>
   [15]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_30_June-5_July_
   2018,_Bundang,_Korea

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_30_June-5_July_2018,_Bundang,_Korea

   Matthias: F2F wiki page is online
   ... 45 minutes from Gunnam, but still in metropolitan area
   ... at TTA conference room
   ... if you need Visa for Korea, please contact W3C logistics
   mailing list
   ... will be available on the wiki
   ... please register from "Register" link

   <kaz> [16]registration page

     [16] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201806/?login

   <kaz> [7. Invitation letter for your VISA]

   Matthias: if you need the VISA please answer to the
   registration questionnaire accordingly

   <mkovatsc>
   [17]https://www.w3.org/2018/03/jsonld-wg-charter.html

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2018/03/jsonld-wg-charter.html

   Matthias: other quick update is the review phase of the
   JSON-LD1.1 charter is finishing on 29th.
   ... please make sure your AC rep to make a positive vote.

PlugFest documentation

   Matthias: Next is to discuss Plugfest documentation

   Kaz: participants are encouraged to report.

   <mkovatsc>
   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague
   /result-panasonic.md

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/result-panasonic.md

   Matthias: Everybody who participated please make a report
   naming "result-(companyname)".md such as Panasonic one.

   Yamada: I will explain Panasonic one.
   ... servient composition and plugfest result are described.
   ... 4 servients are explained. Scripting client, NodeRED
   client, Remote device servient, Simulator servient.
   ... scripting app is composed from client scripting api and
   HTML+javascript client.
   ... connection results are also described.

   McCool: Hyper link to TD is there?

   <kaz> fyi:
   [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-prague
   /TDs

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-prague/TDs

   Yamada: written in preparation.md

   <kaz> [20]PlugFest Summary

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/docs/PlugfestSummary180418.pdf

   Matthias: other participants, please prepare in similar manner.

Task Force Reports

   Matthias: Next Task Force Reports

* TD

   Sebastian: Had TD meeting on last Friday.
   ... Will have new TD working draft after Korea meeting.
   ... Will have Simplified TD in master end of this week, 27th
   April.
   ... For next 2 weeks sebastian is on vacation, but during the
   weeks people can review, comment and open issue.

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask about the first line saying
   "ASAP"

   <kaz> [updated TD WD already published on 5 April 2018]

* Binding

   Koster: Binding template yesterday was canceled due to few
   participants
   ... Planned agenda was to review new feature such as new action
   pattern, notification
   ... and reflecting TD changes
   ... for simple TD changes
   ... tracking github issues and will be fixed around three weeks
   from now
   ... in summary we are on track now. From next week we will
   start making changes to the document

* Scripting

   Zoltan: Scripting API had call on Monday and agreed to update
   documents.
   ... there was some discussion about @context, @type and name
   space on metadata.
   ... we need some input for code samples how scripting apis are
   called.
   ... will make pull request for updated version.

   <mkovatsc>
   [21]https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/issues/111

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/issues/111

   <inserted> [What we want from the Scripting API when based on
   Simplified TD]

   Matthias: Feedback is appreciated on how apis should look like,
   how it is consumed, etc.

   Zoltan: Two aspect of update is needed. API to make simpler,
   enough powerful for semantic engineers.

* Security

   McCool: Security task force.
   ... Update about security around proxy.
   ... Tunneling and HTTP proxy also should be considered.
   ... For Security metadata, it is added to TD draft.
   ... 90% of vocabulary is done.

   <McCool>
   [22]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/blob/working/wot-securi
   ty-metadata.md

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/blob/working/wot-security-metadata.md

   McCool: it's organized as set of examples.
   ... These will be merged to TD draft.
   ... can be reference to definition or object expanded in place.
   ... will update to be more inline with current TD spec.

   <inserted> [23]TD examples

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/blob/working/wot-security-metadata.md#user-content-td-example

   McCool: Also, started testing implementation.

   Matthias: Security is array, what is idea?

   McCool: to use more than one security mechanism.
   ... These list is meant to accomodate proxy.

   Matthias: For forward proxy client can not know.

   McCool: Please raise an issue if you have.
   ... in my test suites there is basic and digest authentication.

   Matthias: Do we have working group note update in April.

   McCool: currently small update on note itself, so it's not so
   much worth for another release.
   ... Metadata update is more important.

Testing

   Matthias: Last thing is testing.

   McCool: Tooling, test document templates.
   ... We talked about online testing.
   ... have online tools running, can share id, password and
   security keys.
   ... will be discussed in next hour.

   Kaz: All the editors are encouraged to make assertions based on
   each document.

   McCool: If there is no tools, we need some assertion.
   ... main thing is to walk through the document, make upper case
   MUST, MAY, ..
   ... kaz, please talk with W3C team, TAG, etc.

   <mkovatsc> [24]https://www.w3.org/TR/appmanifest/#conformance

     [24] https://www.w3.org/TR/appmanifest/#conformance

   Matthias: My understanding is to check all the documents
   according RFC 2119.
   ... as done in appmanifest.
   ... editors please be aware of this.

   McCool: for security it's not normative so basically it does
   not use MUST

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to talk about how to extract assertions from
   spec drafts

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-134 - Talk about how to extract
   assertions from spec drafts [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due
   2018-05-02].

   McCool: We will use plugfest call for testing discussion.

   <kaz> [25]PlugFest wiki

     [25] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to talk about how to extract assertions from
   spec drafts

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([27]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/04/26 20:01:54 $

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 26 April 2018 20:05:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 26 April 2018 20:05:39 UTC