Re: [widgets] Span example

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 01:01:31 +0100
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, Addison Phillips <addison@amazon.com>, Felix Sasaki <felix.sasaki@fh-potsdam.de>, public-i18n-core@w3.org, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
> Richard, Addison, Felix, All,
>
> Based on my conversations with Marcos and reading this thread, it is my
> understanding that you support:
>
> a) the new <span> element and dir attribute model Marcos added to the Widget
> P&C spec [P&C-ED] and consequently,
>
> b) the removal of the ITS references that were in the December CR [P&C-CR].
>
> Would you please confirm this or if my understanding is not correct, please
> elaborate on any remaining issues?
>
> Also, if you have any feedback on the 60 related test cases Marcos created,
> please reply to the thread he used to announce those test cases:
>
>  [widgets] dir and span tests
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0845.html

Just a minor thing, but I consolidated my original tests down to
around 19 tests (I originally had auto-generated tests, but this was
just too thorough and would be annoying for human testers). The reason
the current tests are all in a single file is to make them easy to
review. Once I get the OK from i18n, I'll convert them to proper
widgets.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au