Re: [widgets] P&C UA does not deal with SVG icons

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:07:02 -0400
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>, ext Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
On Aug 28, 2009, at 8:55 AM, ext Robin Berjon wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2009, at 11:52 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Robin Berjon<robin@berjon.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Same thing, should be a UI product  there's nothing wrong with
>>> having a bit
>>> of that, so long as it's not too constraining.
>>
>> I agree. I don't have a issue with the assertions. I just don't think
>> this UI product should be defined as part of the P&C spec. What spec
>> would house the UI product?
>
> Why not? Of the P+C consumer UAs, some will expose a UI. When they do,
> there are a few rules to follow. P+C is the spec that tells you what
> an icon is and where to find it  it seems perfectly fine to me that
> the attached UI requirements would be co-located.

I agree the text Marcos originally cited [1] should not be a
normative requirement for a P+C UA.

One way to address this bug is to make the cited text non-normative.

As implied by these related threads, it would probably make sense to
consolidate these Widget runtime UA requirements in a document. Any
volunteers?

-Regards, Art Barstow

[1] http://www.w3.org/mid/4A96A741.8040703@opera.com