Re: [widgets] P&C UA does not deal with SVG icons

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:55:42 +0200
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: marcosc@opera.com
On Aug 28, 2009, at 11:52 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Robin Berjon<robin@berjon.com>
> wrote:
>> Same thing, should be a UI product  there's nothing wrong with
>> having a bit
>> of that, so long as it's not too constraining.
>
> I agree. I don't have a issue with the assertions. I just don't think
> this UI product should be defined as part of the P&C spec. What spec
> would house the UI product?

Why not? Of the P+C consumer UAs, some will expose a UI. When they do,
there are a few rules to follow. P+C is the spec that tells you what
an icon is and where to find it  it seems perfectly fine to me that
the attached UI requirements would be co-located.

If I may paraphrase: there is no problem that cannot be solved by
splitting bits into a different specification, apart from the problem
of having too many specifications.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/