Re: [widgets] P&C the following should be a note

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:45:56 -0400
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>, ext Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
On Aug 28, 2009, at 5:24 AM, ext Robin Berjon wrote:

> On Aug 27, 2009, at 17:22 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
>> [[
>> Note: A user agent that supports the [Widgets-APIs] specification
>> will expose any declared preference to the author at runtime via
>> scripting in the manner described in the [Widgets-APIs]
>> specification.
>> ]]
>
> +1

I agree the assertion Marcos cited should not be a requirement for a P
+C UA.

The proposed text above above would address this bug but I think
"will" is too strong for this non-normative text and "may" would
probably be more appropriate.

Additionally, the use of *author* in the above is confusing; why is
this particular Actor relevant in this context and how would a Widget
runtime UA know about this Actor.

-Regards, Art Barstow