ISSUE-120: Make XHR spec less detailed/granular

From: Web APIs Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:56:29 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-webapi@w3.org

ISSUE-120: Make XHR spec less detailed/granular

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/webapi/issues/120

Raised by: Sunava Dutta
On product: XMLHttpRequest

in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2007Sep/0043.html Sunava
writes:

o    Our testing load to simply verify compliance to the W3C draft is too great
given the level of detail, the stability of our implementation and the fact
that the draft is a moving target.

o   The ask here is the level of granularity/ and specificity be reduced. It's
currently too authoritative in depth. We had signed off on your draft last
year. This was mostly compatible with IE and FF while being helpful for web
developers. A simple description of the open call and the types of parameters
allowed, including which ones are optional would be great.