Re: ISSUE-120: Make XHR spec less detailed/granular

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:25:15 -0400
To: "Web APIs WG" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:56:29 -0400, Web APIs Issue Tracker
<dean+cgi@w3.org> wrote:

> ISSUE-120: Make XHR spec less detailed/granular

I haven't seen any support for this at all, and opposition on the grounds
that it makes interoperability less likely. I propose that unless someone
else objects this week, we close this issue by resolving not to make the
specification less detailed (although changing given details is a
perfectly reasonable thing to propose).

In the event that there is no other support for the objection and the
resolution is to reject it, Microsoft are welcome to maintain a formal
objection which will be carried along with the spec through further
progress until resolved higher up the W3C process hierarchy.

cheers

chaals

http://my.opera.com/chaals              Try the Kestrel - Opera 9.5 alpha