ISSUE-121: Should we note version of XHR Object

From: Web APIs Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:57:55 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-webapi@w3.org

ISSUE-121: Should we note version of XHR Object

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/webapi/issues/121

Raised by: Sunava Dutta
On product: XMLHttpRequest

In http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2007Sep/0043.html Sunava
writes

*        The current draft introduces new entities to the object. We're ok with
creating a new object (or versioned XHR object) in order to ensure that the
standards can advance. However, a vast majority of developers will not be able
to reliably use this as the millions of pages build around current IE XHR will
not support them. This consequently will be a adoption blocker for the standard.

o   Ensure all new entities like constants, flags etc are versioned or in a new
object.