Re: [selectors-api] The Naming Debate

Martijn wrote:
> 2007/6/27, Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>:
>> Jean-Yves Bitterlich wrote:
>>> We find it unfortunate that past resolutions within the working
>>> group are being invalidated (unless of course there are new
>>> evidences/information that justify this act) in particular
>>> because this behavior leads to rehashing issues instead of moving
>>> forward.
>>
>> I could not agree more with this sentiment...
>
> Yeah, this is a "me too". However, I do think this is important. So
> basically, I'm just really unhappy about this.

While I sympathise with you, please understand that no matter what
decision was made, at least one group of people would have been
disappointed as much as, if not more than, you are now.  I do not,
however, believe that a better decision could have been made based on
people's emotion.

> Just posting a new proposal, without even mentioning about what was
> decided before, it's just very frustrating to me :(

The decision at the F2F was in fact mentioned in the summary of
arguments at the beginning of this thread.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2007Jun/0075.html

Rest assured that the arguments recorded in the minutes were taken into
consideration.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/