Re: [selectors-api] The Naming Debate

Hi, Martijn-

Martijn wrote:

> Sorry, I meant that I won't participate anymore.
> I'm just getting unhappy by this and it's affecting the work that I
> really should be doing.

I'm very sorry to hear that.  I don't want you to feel like you were
forced out of the process, and I hope that with time you will
participate again.

> Well, the way I see it is different. There was a vote on it, the
> editor didn't like it and went his own way.

Just to clarify, it's not the policy of the W3C to vote on issues.  We
conduct strawpolls to judge consensus, which is not quite the same
thing.  Voting, I think, would create a mess of power blocs and lead to
all sorts of divisiveness and rancor.  Ideally, striving to get everyone
on the same page has a better, more technically sound outcome and
promotes cooperation.  But it's slow and sometimes frustrating, I agree.

Regards-
-Doug