Re: [selectors-api] The Naming Debate

From: Martijn <martijn.martijn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:58:16 +0200
To: "Doug Schepers" <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Cc: "Jean-Yves Bitterlich" <Jean-Yves.Bitterlich@sun.com>, public-webapi <public-webapi@w3.org>, "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>

2007/6/27, Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>:

> Hi, Jean-Yves-
>
> Jean-Yves Bitterlich wrote:
> >
> > We find it unfortunate that past resolutions within the working group are being
> > invalidated (unless of course there are new evidences/information that justify
> > this act) in particular because this behavior leads to rehashing issues instead
> > of moving forward.
>
> I could not agree more with this sentiment.  I know of no reason this
> issue should have been reopened, since there was no new evidence.  But
> ultimately, it is not that important, which makes it all the more
> frustrating that it was reopened and effort was wasted.

Yeah, this is a "me too".
However, I do think this is important.
So basically, I'm just really unhappy about this.
Just posting a new proposal, without even mentioning about what was
decided before, it's just very frustrating to me :(
I feel being treated very unfairly :(

> > However, and for the sake of progress, we will go along with the new decision
> > taken in consensus by the WebAPI WG.
>
> That's very gracious of you.  It's important that we use consensus to
> move forward, rather than to block progress.

Well, I won't "block any progress" from now on :(

Regards,
Martijn