Re: Selectors API updates

Hi, Anne-

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:14:46 +0100, Dave Massy
> <Dave.Massy@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Looking at the feedback on
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/ and Anne's blog entry
>> at http://annevankesteren.nl/2006/12/selectors-api-naming it seems that
>> the majority of people would agree with these principles and the
>> suggested names based on getElementBySelector.
>
> Just to make sure I understand what "majority" is I took my weblog entry
> and counted the various names. +1 are those in favor of the proposal, 0
> are those that didn't express any opinion and -1 are those against the
> proposal. Where "proposal" is the shorter name:

Given the new information that comments on your blog are preferentially
weighted over posts to this W3C list, I've now registered my opinion
there. :)

Consider me a -1 for "shorter over more descriptive" and a -2 for
".get()" and ".getAll()" (which adroitly marries the worst of both worlds).

Regards-
-Doug

Research and Standards Engineer
6th Sense Analytics