Da: Velleman, Eric [mailto:evelleman@bartimeus.nl]
Inviato: domenica 27 gennaio 2013 01:08
A: public-wai-evaltf@w3.org
Oggetto: Do we need a definition of random?

Dear all,

Things we may want to discuss as input for the next editor draft from
reactions in the survey 7 [1]:

2.  ..otherwise we must define "random"
Frederick was so kind to include a few definitions into the survey but I am
not sure if we really have to include a definition or explanation of
'random'. There are many ways to select a random sample and I am not sure if
we want to put one or more of them into the methodology as it would seem we
have a preference.

Part of a possible resolution: No definition or explanation, but we add to
the reporting section: "describe how you selected the random sample."

Let me know what you think.
Kindest regards,

Eric

[1] - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/conformance/ED-methodology-20130122#step3e>