Do we need a definition of random?

From: Velleman, Eric <evelleman@bartimeus.nl>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 00:07:45 +0000
To: "public-wai-evaltf@w3.org" <public-wai-evaltf@w3.org>
Dear all,

Things we may want to discuss as input for the next editor draft from reactions in the survey 7 [1]:

2.  ..otherwise we must define "random"
Frederick was so kind to include a few definitions into the survey but I am not sure if we really have to include a definition or explanation of 'random'. There are many ways to select a random sample and I am not sure if we want to put one or more of them into the methodology as it would seem we have a preference.

Part of a possible resolution: No definition or explanation, but we add to the reporting section: "describe how you selected the random sample."

Let me know what you think.
Kindest regards,

Eric

[1] - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/conformance/ED-methodology-20130122#step3e>