Re: Schema.org proposal: Financial information

From: Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:06:26 -0400
To: Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com>
Cc: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>, PublicVocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com>
wrote:

> In regards to the properties for Person, might it be an idea to introduce
> a new type: Job or Profession?
>
> For some time now people (I run into) have been asking/looking for a way
> to express what the do for a living (Job/Profession) and to me it seems
> 'baseSalary' and 'salaryCurrency' would be better placed within such a Type.

Fair enough. I would rather not try to create a profession taxonomy in
schema.org, so I would add a "Profession" type which could have any text
name.

> And just out of curiosity, what would be the motivation for publishing a
> Person's 'netWorth'? It seems to me that this is highly private info, so
> who would you to expect to publish this type of data?

Normal people don't publish their salaries or net worth, but it is common
for public figures like Warren Buffett or Barack Obama.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com