Re: Schema.org proposal: Financial information

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Is marketCapitalization calculated differently in other countries ?
>
> Or is it always:
> Market capitalization is calculated by multiplying a company's shares
> outstanding by the current market price of one share.
>
> Clarity on the definition of marketCapitalization needs to be addressed at
> the international level.

The latter, so it is less about varying by country and more about varying
by market, which goes to your next point.

I would be happy to add an intermediary type to capture market and ticker
symbol on that market.

> 2. The other question is... WHICH "current market" ?  Sometimes there are
> many competing ones in a country.
>
> 3. The only other thing I could suggest and contribute to this discussion
> is that of making sure that the final definitions to include the actual
> calculation method that we  presume the property's value holds.

I'll update the definition based on the above.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com