W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > November 2007

Meeting record: 2007-11-20 SWD telecon

From: Reul, Q. H. <q.reul@abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:54:47 -0000
Message-ID: <2AD2401FC36E784094D0B3375FDA6CE80246E8AF@VMAIL2.uoa.abdn.ac.uk>
To: <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

The [1]record of Tuesdays's SemWeb Deployment WG telecon is ready for
review. A text copy follows below.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html

Topics
         1. Admin          
	   2. SKOS 
         3. RDFa 
         4. Recipes 
         5. VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT 
         6. AOB

Summary of Resolutions
         RESOLVED Next telecon will be 27 November, 1600 UTC

Summary of Action Items

*[NEW]* *ACTION:* Ed to send review to SWEO by next telecon [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action13]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* qreul to review Editor's draft [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action02]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* vit to review Editor's draft [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action03]
 
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Alistair and Guus to prepare material for next
week on Concept Schemes vs OWL Ontologies [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action04]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Guus to write up the issue [of Label Resource] and
add to the issue list. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action01]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Ben and Michael to address comments by Tom
[regarding maintenance of wiki document
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action14]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Ben to prepare draft implementation report for
RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action03]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Ben to update RDFa schedule in wiki
[http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action04]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Dan to ask apache about conditional redirects
[recorded in [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action18]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Diego to recast Recipe 6 [recorded in [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action19]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Guus/Tom to propose joint decisions for reviews
for major [RDFa] steps/transition requests. Informal agreement about
working drafts. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action17]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Guus/Tom to solicit reviewers for the Recipes
document. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action20]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Jon to add words that acknowledge the existence of
RDFa as [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action21]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Jon to make changes as proposed [with regard to
Issue-23] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action22]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default
behavior" [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action23]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Ralph to come up with a URI for wiki page [for
Recipes [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action24]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Ralph to reconstruct proposal for semantics of
isDefinedBy [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of
Recipes] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action25]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* TF leaders to prepare a version of Recipes for
review in [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action26]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Vit and Elisa to include in the document all the
target sections [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action27]
 
*[DONE]* *ACTION:* Alistair to update semantics document to listing ways
in which SKOS diverges from OWL DL [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action06]
*[DONE]* *ACTION:* Alistair will to update deliverables for SKOS
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action02]
*[DONE]* *ACTION:* Tom to amend proposals to for accepting minimal
relation labels [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/23-swd-minutes.html#action12]
 
*[DROPPED]* *ACTION:* Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on
relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin

<scribe> PROPOSED to accept minutes of the Nov 6 telecon

RESOLVED to accept minutes of the Nov 6 telecon

Next telecons: 27 Nov 1600 UTC


      SKOS

<scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair will to update deliverables for SKOS
[recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action02]*[DONE]*

aliman Alistair's schedule for SKOS
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Nov/0036.html
.... suggest to look @ alternative to be added to Editor's draft
.... needing something about mapping

<scribe> *ACTION:* qreul to review Editor's draft [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action02]

<scribe> *ACTION:* vit to review Editor's draft [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action03]

<scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on
relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05]
*[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair to update semantics document to listing ways
in which SKOS diverges from OWL DL [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action06] *[DROPPED]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair will to update deliverables for SKOS
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action02]
*[DONE]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ed to write suggest some text about SKOS message for
SWEO Semantic Web FAQ [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action24]*[DONE]*

edsu http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Nov/0030.html
.... Ed suggested changes about way SKOS is presented
.... SKOS is an ontology that can be reused
.... SKOS could help Flickr (folksonomies) to be published

Guus suggests to wait a few days and sent it before the next telecon to
SWEO

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ed to send review to SWEO by next telecon [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action13]

<scribe> *ACTION:* Tom to amend proposals to for accepting minimal
relation labels [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/23-swd-minutes.html#action12] *[DONE]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair and Guus to prepare material for next week
on Concept Schemes vs OWL Ontologies [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action04][CONTINUES]

<scribe> *ACTION:* Guus to write up the issue [of Label Resource] and
add to the issue list. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action01] *[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ralph to reconstruct proposal for semantics of
isDefinedBy [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action02] *[CONTINUES]*

edsuSKOS Top priority
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Nov/0043.html

aliman describe the different issues to be resolved for first
publication
.... f2f identified issue 39
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/39 
and issue 56 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/56
.... propose adding issues on SKOS documentation (issue 27
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/27)
.... also raised issue 64 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/64
and issue 65 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/65

Antoine says the mapping is very important and will produce a document
next 
.... week but wonders whether should concentrate on SKOS documentation
properties

Guus happy to leave SKOS documentation out too

aliman wonders whether we can stick with what has been defined so far
.... issue 27 need to be resolved

Guus suggest that solution to issue 26 can be reused

aliman informs that we currently have a link to a literal
.... propose having one property linking to a literal

Antoine thinks that both issues have the same technical problem
.... and should use the same solution

Guus assumed that the group would use his proposal to solve issue 26
.... but highlights that current proposal could cause a problem with
issue 27

aliman happy to own issue 64 and 65

Guus takes over issue 27

aliman suggests that the solution to issue 56 is whether or not it is in
the scope of the 1st SKOS document
.... potential treading on logical language such as OWL

Guus suggests that seanb to take over issue 56

<edsu> seanb++


      RDFa

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ben and Michael to address comments by Tom [regarding
maintenance of wiki document http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa]
[recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action14]*[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa
(with assistance from Michael) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action03] *[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ben to update RDFa schedule in wiki
[http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action04] *[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Guus/Tom to propose joint decisions for reviews for
major [RDFa] steps/transition requests. Informal agreement about working
drafts. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action17]*[CONTINUES]*


      Recipes

<scribe> *ACTION:* Dan to ask apache about conditional redirects
[recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action18]*[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Diego to recast Recipe 6 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action19]*[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Guus/Tom to solicit reviewers for the Recipes
document. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action20]*[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Jon to add words that acknowledge the existence of
RDFa as [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action21]*[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Jon to make changes as proposed [with regard to
Issue-23] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action22]*[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default
behavior" [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action23]*[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:*Ralph to come up with a URI for wiki page [for Recipes
implementations] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action24]*[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of
Recipes] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action25]*[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* TF leaders to prepare a version of Recipes for review
in December [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action26]*[CONTINUES]*


      VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT

<scribe> *ACTION:* Vit and Elisa to include in the document all the
target sections plus an allocation of sections to people and potentially
a standard structure for sections [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action27]*[CONTINUES]*

      AOB

SWEO request for input to Semantic Web FAQ re: SKOS
see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Nov/0002.html


******************************************
* Quentin H. Reul                        *
* PhD Research Student                   *
* Department of Computing Science        *
* University of Aberdeen, King's College *
* Room 238 in the Meston Building        *
* ABERDEEN AB24 3UE                      *
* Phone: +44 (0)1224 27 4485             *
* http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~qreul       *
******************************************
Received on Friday, 23 November 2007 12:20:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:51 UTC