[SKOS] top priorities

From: Miles, AJ \(Alistair\) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:20:53 -0000
To: <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hi all,

We have a deadline to get editor's drafts of the SKOS Reference and SKOS Primer finished and reviewed before christmas.

At the f2f, we set [ISSUE-39] ConceptualMappingLinks and [ISSUE-56] ReferenceSemanticRelationshipSpecializations as our two top priorities [1]. These are the issues we believe must be resolved in our first working drafts of SKOS.

Can I add documentation (note) properties to our list of top priorities, which is covered by three issues: [ISSUE-27] AnnotationOnLabel, [ISSUE-64] TextualDescriptionsForConcepts and [ISSUE-65] XMLLiteralNotes.

Based on these priorities, I would suggest the following action plan:

 1. Propose a design to support concept mapping links, to resolve [ISSUE-39]. (Antoine has already made some suggestions here.)

 2. For [ISSUE-56], make an initial decision to either (A) include broaderInstantive, broaderGeneric etc. in the normative SKOS reference, or (B) leave them to be defined as an extension module.

 3. Open [ISSUE-64] and [ISSUE-65] -- I'm happy to be owner for these, unless anyone else wants to volunteer?

 4. Propose a design for SKOS documentation properties which resolves [ISSUE-27], [ISSUE-64] and [ISSUE-65].

How does that sound?

Thanks,

Alistair.

[ISSUE-27] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/27