W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > June 2004

draft minutes 24th June telecon

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:58:18 +0100
Message-ID: <40E04E2A.7010001@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
To: SWBPD list <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>


Agenda:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Jun/0107.html

IRC log:
http://www.w3.org/2004/06/24-swbp-irc

Chair: Ralph
Scribe: Jeremy

Summary:

Decision:
RESOLVED WRLD TF is on hold

New Actions:
ACTION: ralph sort out Aldo's mail issues
ACTION: aldo create introductorydoc for WNET TF
ACTION: ralph CVS access for Brian, Aldo, Natasha, Tom
ACTION: Ralph copy 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2004Jun/att-0010/Semantic_Web_Best_Practices-_WordNet_Task_Force.html 
in WG directory
ACTION: tom quck read of ClassesAsValues for dc:subject issue
ACTION: brian review ClassesAsValues for publication
ACTION: jeremy review n-ary relations
ACTION: David review list of values
ACTION: Ralph copy drafts into WG web space
ACTION: tom send ssh2 public key to ralph


More Detailed Minutes:

1. ADMINISTRIVIA (10 mins)

Roll call:
MikeUschold, Brian_McBride, Jeremy, DavidWood, Alan, Fabien, Natasha, 
TomAdams, Benjamin, Jos, Jhendler, TomBaker, Ralph, Aldo

Regrets: Guus, DanBri, Evan, Libby, Alistair, Gary, Deb,
Nick, David Norheim

Next Meeting: July 8th 14:00Z
Regrets for 8th July from
   Alan, Natasha, Jim and Benjamin



Minutes of the June 10 telecon:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Jun/0099.html
accepted

2 ACTION ITEM REVIEW


continued actions:
==================


ACTION: Aldo prepare summary of Wordnet proposal doc, and send to
         Christian after review by WG.
         http://www.w3.org/2004/06/10-swbp-irc#T14-16-05

ACTION: Guus to revise WD/Note process proposal for Jun24 meeting
         http://www.w3.org/2004/06/10-swbp-irc#T14-25-35

ACTION: Guus invite at least 1 wordnet domain expert to a July1st
         http://www.w3.org/2004/06/10-swbp-irc#T15-03-03

ACTION: ralph to create a dir for the wordnet tf's ongoing work and
         give access to brian, ...
         http://www.w3.org/2004/06/10-swbp-irc#T15-08-16


Completed actions:


ACTION: Ralph add 'Vocabulary Management' to WG home page list of
         Task Forces under discussion to start
         http://www.w3.org/2004/06/10-swbp-irc#T14-40-19
         done
         http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/#Tasks

ACTION: Ralph get 17 June VOCAB telecon reservation
         http://www.w3.org/2004/06/10-swbp-irc#T14-47-44
         (done, in the past)

ACTION: libby, natasha, danbri, al, alan, jim, tom, send
         thoughts/comments re scoping of Vocab management TF work
         http://www.w3.org/2004/06/10-swbp-irc#T14-49-07

ACTION: tom send revised notion of prev posting proposing a scope
         for vocab management TF
         http://www.w3.org/2004/06/10-swbp-irc#T14-49-33
         done
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Jun/0061.html

ACTION: jim to message to list proposing the WORLD TF goes on hold
         http://www.w3.org/2004/06/10-swbp-irc#T14-56-30
         done
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Jun/0082.html

ACTION: guus arrange for telecon for july 1st 1400 UTC 60mins on
         step1 'as is' conversion of Wordnet to RDF/OWL (brian, jjc,guus,
         danbri, ?aldo, ...)
         http://www.w3.org/2004/06/10-swbp-irc#T15-05-35
         done?  telecon is in the schedule:
         http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20040701
         and
         http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/#Current

ACTION: jjc try to attent an XML Schema WG telecon
         http://www.w3.org/2004/06/10-swbp-irc#T15-13-00




New actions arising:

ACTION: ralph sort out Aldo's mail issues
ACTION: aldo create introductorydoc for WNET TF
ACTION: ralph CVS access for Brian, Aldo, Natasha, Tom

3. WG publication process

Brian is happy, no other discussion.

4. Task Force Reports

TF HTML template
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Jun/0004.html

TF coordinators: status for moving to this format?

4.1 WNET


Short discussion, curtailed in favour of more extended discussioon on 
the 30th. Aldo suggested adding OWL to Brian's RDFS. Jeremy hoped that 
we would publish a WD around the first phase before moving to the second 
phase.

Brian noted he had outstanding issues to discuss, but they were left 
until the next meeting.


ACTION: Ralph copy 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2004Jun/att-0010/Semantic_Web_Best_Practices-_WordNet_Task_Force.html 
in WG directory

4.2 XML Schema datatypes

XML Schema WG will be discussing Thursday or Friday 25th under 
"inter-working group cooperation".

4.3 ADTF - Applications and Demos

Benjamin wants to be added to the list of participants. Fabien suggested 
editing the Wiki page himself:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/SemanticWebBestPracticesTaskForceOnApplicationsAndDemos


4.4 WRLD - World View

Proposal: put TF on hold
jim: proposed, jeremy: second
RESOLVED WRLD TF is on hold


4.5 OEP

discussion centred around allocating reviewers for drafts for 
publication, and known outstanding issues.

   [OEP] Classes as values

Outstanding issue: use dc:subject or not?
Natasha has circulated two drafts, one which uses dc:subject and one 
which doesn't.

ACTION: tom quck read of ClassesAsValues for dc:subject issue
ACTION: brian review ClassesAsValues for publication

The version discussed at the telecon was:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2004Jun/att-0031/ClassesAsValues-v6.html 

this is superceded by
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/ClassesAsValues-20040623/


   [OEP] n-ary relations

ACTION: jeremy review n-ary relations

The version discussed at the telecon was:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2004Jun/att-0030/n-aryRelations-v2.html
this is superceded by:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/n-aryRelations-20040623/

[OEP] Lists of Values
Brian - I found this helpful.
ACTION: David review list of values

The version discussed at the telecon was:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Jun/att-0121/lists_of_values-4.zip
this is superceded by:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/OEP/Lists-of-values-20040625/

ACTION: Ralph copy drafts into WG web space


4.6 PORT - Porting thesauri

No discussion

4.7 VM - Vocabulary Management
Small amount of discussion.
Tom would like guidance on the dependency section of TF description.

ACTION: tom send ssh2 public key to ralph


5. Any Other Business

none officially, but unofficially ralph clarified three features of a 
first WD
1) not necessarily perfect
2) purpose is to let public know where we are
3) lets W3C director know what we are doing

Adjourned with time to spare.
Received on Monday, 28 June 2004 12:58:44 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:09:39 UTC