Re: [important] Japan F2F (was: Minutes 6 April 2011 SVG WG telcon)

Hi group,

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 05:14:58 +1000
Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:

> > As discussed in last week's telcon, we have an opportunity to
> > collocate with the CSS WG in Japan (in Osaka, now, instead of Tokyo).
>
> I'm told the CSS meeting is in Kyoto, not Osaka.
>
> http://wiki.csswg.org/planning/japan-2011-venues

I'm constantly communicating with Ishii-san and Tab Atkins of CSS WG
(also a member of SVG WG now, welcome!!) to find out the best option for
both WGs.

Dean is right that Kyoto Research Park in Kyoto is one of the possible
venue to have CSS Forum, CSS WG meeting, and SVG WG meeting at one place.

<http://www.krp.co.jp/english/>

If both WGs agree to choose Kyoto as the meeting location, Canon is
happy to continue to be a host and bear meeting room fee for SVG WG
meeting on 6-9 June.

Since Canon's budget is limitted, however, we need to lower the amount
and level of other services (dinner, coffee, refreshment, etc.) in order
to cover the increased cost for facility and transportation when we host
the meeting in Kyoto.

I still believe Tokyo is the best option for many of the participants,
but I'm willing to accept Kyoto option if there are some people who feel
uncomfortable to stay in Tokyo.

--
Jun Fujisawa
<mailto:fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>