W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > April to June 2011

Re: [important] Japan F2F (was: Minutes 6 April 2011 SVG WG telcon)

From: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 05:14:58 +1000
Cc: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>, "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Message-id: <83B77815-9345-4E38-A25E-B42F77170D9B@apple.com>
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>

On 13/04/2011, at 3:53 AM, Doug Schepers wrote:

> Hi, folks-
> 
> As discussed in last week's telcon, we have an opportunity to collocate with the CSS WG in Japan (in Osaka, now, instead of Tokyo).

I'm told the CSS meeting is in Kyoto, not Osaka.

http://wiki.csswg.org/planning/japan-2011-venues

> The goal would be resolve outstanding issues on animation, filters, and other high-priority FXTF specs, especially those that have some disagreement or confusion about next steps.
> 
> However, in order for this to productive, we would need to have participation by those driving the specs, and who have particular opinions on how such issues should be resolved; for example, Dean from Apple and Patrick from Microsoft would be critical participants.  The value of having a collocated conference is dramatically lower if we don't have the right people there.
> 
> So, my question is, would everyone be able to commit to meet for at least part of Friday 3-9 June 2011, in Osaka (where 3 June is the joint meeting with CSS WG)?

There is zero chance I can make it June 5 onwards since Apple has its annual conference that week. This will also make it very difficult to attend the week before (which is preparation week). Friday 3 or Saturday 4 are extremely slim possibilities for me.

Dean

> 
> Regards-
> -Doug
> 
> Erik Dahlstrom wrote (on 4/6/11 3:49 PM):
>> 
>> japan f2f
>> 
>> CL: css wg is meeting in osaka
>> 
>> <scribe> scribeNick: ed
>> 
>> DS: why did we want to colocate?
>> 
>> CL: we have things to discuss with them
>> 
>> DS: does canon's offer to host extend to osaka?
>> 
>> AG: i'll ask JF
>> 
>> <scribe> ACTION: AG to find out if canon can host an svg wg f2f in
>> osaka (colocated with css) [recorded in
>> [12]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action01]
>> 
>> <trackbot> Created ACTION-3016 - Find out if canon can host an svg
>> wg f2f in osaka (colocated with css) [on Anthony Grasso - due
>> 2011-04-13].
>> 
>> ED: what dates again?
>> 
>> <ChrisL> css is 1-4 June. Joint meeting on Friday 3
>> 
>> <ChrisL> svg would be mon 6 to thu 9 june
>> 
>> DS: concerned about all the necessary people being able to attend in
>> japan
>> 
>> <ChrisL> japanese meet-the-css wg would be Tues 31 May
>> 
>> <scribe> ACTION: send email to the svgwg list and ask who will
>> attend the next f2f [recorded in
>> [13]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action02]
>> 
>> <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - send
>> 
>> <scribe> ACTION: ed to send email to the svgwg list and ask who will
>> attend the next f2f [recorded in
>> [14]http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-svg-minutes.html#action03]
>> 
>> <trackbot> Created ACTION-3017 - Send email to the svgwg list and
>> ask who will attend the next f2f [on Erik Dahlström - due
>> 2011-04-13].
> 
Received on Tuesday, 12 April 2011 19:15:33 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 12 April 2011 19:15:34 GMT