Re: Use cases

On 09/21/2014 08:31 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> On 14-09-21 12:29 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
>> On 09/21/2014 05:21 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
>>> On 14-09-20 01:30 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
>>> We have a lot of use cases listed here:
>>>
>>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Use_cases
>> "Friending: As a user on a social network, I would like to add other
>> social network users to my friends list, and vice versa, as a basis for
>> further interaction."
>>
>> maybe we could fiddle with that all together? :)
>>
> This would be one of the cases I thought didn't apply well to the
> document format task.
>
> Even so, let's give it a try. The JSON document could be a payload to an
> API -- like our upcoming client API -- that communicates your request. So:
>
>   * The document format should be able to represent a concept like "Elf
>     wants to add Evan to his friends list."
>   * The document format should be able to represent a person "Elf" and
>     "Evan".
>   * You specify a "friends list", so maybe the JSON document format
>     should be able to represent that list -- maybe as a collection of
>     people.
>   * The format will be applicable an on-line REST API - so, familiar to
>     client API users, somewhat terse.
>
> Do you see other requirements for our JSON-based document format that
> come out of this use case? In particular, do you see requirements that
> aren't already listed in our requirements list?
As you may see in the syntax vs. vocab thread many people in a group may
agree that we can express those concepts using certain vocabularies and
generic and *already standardized* JSON-LD serialization of RDF
http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/

When it comes to vocabs, I would propose (once again) looking at already
existing and gaining rapid adoption Schema.org
* http://schema.org/Person
* http://schema.org/FollowAction
* http://schema.org/follows
* http://schema.org/BefriendAction
* http://schema.org/knows
* http://schema.org/potentialAction
* http://schema.org/AddAction
* http://schema.org/collection <-- IMO needs much more work!

In terms of *friends list* I start exploring various ways of approaching
collections: https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Collection_Comparison