Re: Social data /syntax/ vs Social data /vocabulary/

On 09/21/2014 09:03 PM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:
> The point is that now we have JSON-LD the syntax for JSON has allready been agreed upon and is widely adopted.
> All that remains to be agreed upon is the vocabulary for the use cases we want to solve. Then the work is done.
> There is not an additional job to determine the syntax.
>
> This removes a huge burden on development of a convention, which is great, because there is a lot to do.
+1

I would like to add that while I <3 JSON (and JSON-LD) I see no reason
to prevent others in a future from leveraging capacities of other RDF
serializations. For example Ruben Verborgh does some IMO very nifty
streaming APIs[1] where Turtle to my understanding comes more useful.
Once again while I would prefer to keep turtle serialization away from
our conversations, I see no reason to *burn bridges* in our architecture
to prevent broader web community to take advantage of technologies we
decide to put outside of the scope for this working group!

[1] http://client.linkeddatafragments.org/