Re: Use cases

On 14-09-21 12:29 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> On 09/21/2014 05:21 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
>> On 14-09-20 01:30 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
>> We have a lot of use cases listed here:
>>
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Use_cases
> "Friending: As a user on a social network, I would like to add other
> social network users to my friends list, and vice versa, as a basis for
> further interaction."
>
> maybe we could fiddle with that all together? :)

This would be one of the cases I thought didn't apply well to the
document format task.

Even so, let's give it a try. The JSON document could be a payload to an
API -- like our upcoming client API -- that communicates your request. So:

  * The document format should be able to represent a concept like "Elf
    wants to add Evan to his friends list."
  * The document format should be able to represent a person "Elf" and
    "Evan".
  * You specify a "friends list", so maybe the JSON document format
    should be able to represent that list -- maybe as a collection of
    people.
  * The format will be applicable an on-line REST API - so, familiar to
    client API users, somewhat terse.

Do you see other requirements for our JSON-based document format that
come out of this use case? In particular, do you see requirements that
aren't already listed in our requirements list?

-Evan