RE: Use cases

On 20 Sep 2014 at 19:30, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> Hi Evan,
>
> On 09/20/2014 06:25 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
>> Second, because it will set our schedule back for literally months.
>> Constructing a use-case document with the hundreds of use cases for
>> social data and APIs is a massive effort. I'd probably put the work at
>> 2-4 months, maybe 6 months. I think if we push our schedule well into
>> 2015, and our only output is a use-case document, we'll lose our momentum.
>
> How about starting with ONE *real life* use case? I see no reason to
> pile up hundreds of them but at the same time having NO USE CASE at all
> doesn't sound practical to me.

I agree with Pavlik. Without having a couple of "scenarios" that can later on be reused for the test suite or at least a somewhat complete list of requirements similar to the Social syntax requirements [1] (even though, strictly speaking, that list is mostly about what the syntax should be able to encode and not requirements regarding the syntax itself) it will be close to impossible to make objective design decisions.

[1] https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_syntax_requirements

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler