RE: introductions: eric miller, w3c

From: Melissa Cline <cline@pasteur.fr>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 19:51:14 +0100 (CET)
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

Hi Folks,

My name is Melissa Cline.  I'm currently a postdoc at the Pasteur
Institute working on Cytoscape, an open-source package for network
visualization and analysis.  Previously, I was at Affymetrix, where I was
involved in projects including NetAffx, Affymetrix's web repository of
information relevant to the interpretation of probeset expression
patterns.  Both NetAffx and Cytoscape share an objective of functional
interpretation of experimental data, which is what brings me to the
semantic web.  In some exploratory work, I published an RDF dataset
describing how splice variation affects protein transmembrane motifs, and
have to say that putting the data in RDF facilitated downstream analyses
that I'd never expected!

Melissa