Re: introductions: Gary Schiltz, NCGR

From: Gary Schiltz <gss@ncgr.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:48:01 -0700
To: public-semweb-lifesci <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

I'm Gary Schiltz, principal software engineer at the National Center for
Genome Resources, and primary developer of the Semantic MOBY semantic
web architecture. To quote from our own web site, "NCGR is a nonprofit
life sciences research institute. Our mission is to translate research
at intersections between bioscience, computing and mathematics into
improvements in infectious disease, global health, and nutrition." I
presented Semantic MOBY at last year's W3C Workshop on Semantic Web for
Life Sciences; I've included links (shameless self promotion, I know :-)
to the presentation [1] and position paper [2a], [2b].

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/10/swls/schiltz.pdf
[2a]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swls-ws/2004Sep/att-0036/smoby-w3c-sw-ls.pdf
[2b]