Re: Historical events

Shawn,

Great examples and thanks for sharing your use case !

Sometime folks find it easier when you flip things around.  Putting a
dateSank property on a Ship class/type (we don't have this in Schema.org
currently) to note when it sank.  Then knowing the startDate / endDate of
WWII, an application or search engine could query those Ship's having a
range of dateSank within the bounds of WWII.

What is easier ?  Its often B. because of a narrowed filtered list of just
Ships to begin with:
A. "query all Events with a filter of those only containing Ship events"
versus
B. "query just Ships who have a dateSank within September 1, 1939 –
September 2, 1945"

We don't have that Ship class/type as often is the case for long-tail
domains, but for now you could use Thing - additionalType: "
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q11446"

-Thad